Fnac Darty and Glaze
shape a new digital marketing tool
to reinvent the customer experience on its e-commerce sites
Fnac Darty has been working with French startup Glaze to implement a new web merchandising tool to feed the Group's e-commerce sites with Value Added Content and ultimately provide a more informed online shopping experience. Thanks to this solution, customers are informed and guided in their choices by additional information (proposals of accessories, indication of compatibility, services, promotions, delivery systems ...) directly visible on the pages of fnac.com and darty.com sites with a view to help them optimize the use of the chosen product.
After liveshopping, livestream and chat, this new tool, in favor of an ever more immersive and efficient web experience, is part of the implementation of the Group's new strategic plan, Everyday, one of its ambitions is to embody the new standards of omnichannel retail of tomorrow, both digitalized and human.
When Omnichannel Performance Comes through Innovation and Co-Design
As part of its omnichannel strategy and growing web activity, Fnac Darty was looking for a solution to enhance the "store spirit" on its e-commerce sites, thereby increasing the creation of value on the Web. Microsoft, the Group's partner, introduced Glaze, one of its incubated start-ups.
Glaze has developed an eponymous web application that graphically edits and programs campaigns to enrich the customer journey, through the contribution of value-added content. This solution is based on the creation of fully responsive and customizable experiences, put forward without hindering navigation.
Intuitive and innovative, the solution has been tested and enriched in vivo for almost a month and a half. During this period, the Fnac Darty web-merchandising team and the Glaze team worked closely and collaboratively on the evolution of the solution until it could fully meet the Group's needs.
Throughout the POC ("Proof of Concept"), the teams wanted to measure the impact of the solution on several customer journeys. The teams were able to compare the gap between the 90% of clients exposed to Glaze's stimuli and the remaining 10% who were not. They observed conversion rate impacts ranging from 200 to 400% for the exposed panel.
Building on this success, the Group has partnered with the start-up to fully deploy the Glaze solution and has decided to industrialize it.
"Today, the major problem facing e-commerce sites is the lack of expert advisors who can tailor the customer's needs. For example, the Web does not allow the customer to be quickly referred to accessories that will optimize the use of a product or if there is a video related to the product showing its capabilities in everyday use, says Samuel Loiseau, Customer Director, Marketing and Commercial Development of the Fnac Darty Group. "With Glaze, it is now possible thanks to the emphasis of content that the customer would not necessarily have seen spontaneously in his journey"
"Transposing the benefit of in-store consulting into the digital sphere, giving business teams more agility to support their customers as closely as possible are the two objectives that we are obsessed with on a daily basis. The FNAC DARTY teams immediately perceived our value proposition. Their immediate commitment to an open innovation approach around our solution has been the key to the success of the project. We are extremely pleased to continue this collaboration over the long term”, adds Gwénael FLATRES, President Co-Founder of GLAZE.
Glaze is an independent French software company founded by Mira Emmerling and Gwénael Flatres in October 2015 in Paris. In March 2016, the company joined Microsoft's accelerator in Paris. In the same year, the company received the French Tech label and AIMA via BPI France, and joined Wilco as the accelerator for the Ile de France region. In 2017 Glaze became a Microsoft partner. The company already has a wide variety of customers in France and internationally including FNAC Darty, Office Depot, Microsoft, Unieuro, Gamestop, Micromania, Rueducommerce, SNCF, Schneider Electric, Mvideo, Coppel, Fastshop, Hepsiburada, Alkosto group, Pôle Emploi, ACOSS, INGRAM.
Press Contact: email@example.com
Operating in twelve countries, Fnac Darty is a European leader in the retail of entertainment and leisure products, consumer electronics and household appliances. The group counts 25 000 employees and, as of the end of 2020, has a multi-format network of 908 stores, including 741 in France. Fnac Darty is France’s third e-commerce player in terms of traffic (near 44 million aggregated visitors per month on average with its two retail websites, fnac.com and darty.com). A standard-setting omni-channel retailer, Fnac Darty posted pro forma revenues of €7.491 billion in 2020.